Saturday, March 20, 2010

This is how we dream



Richard Miller’s “This is how we Dream” kind of made me sad, I love reading books, I would much rather snuggle down in my recliner and read a book, then read a blog, ebook, or a web comic. I know he was referring to academic books becoming absolute in paper format, but long do we have before all books are only available in digital format. It might not happen in my lifetime, but I expect it will had in my daughters lifetime. Okay, on to Dr. Stranger’s questions, Am I prepared to write in multimedia and will my students be able to write in multimedia? I think that I need practice in combining written words, with video, and sound since it isn’t something I’ve had to do a lot of. I think my students will have an easier time using multimedia then I do, I’ll probably learn tricks from them. Students today have been exposed to computers since they were very young, where as nobody had a PC at home until the Commodore 64 came out; nowadays almost everybody has a computer a home. My husband built our daughter one when she was four. I think that what her generation will accomplish will surprise us all, and I think that as a teacher I owe it to my students to never stop learning, and to allow them to teach me something sometimes. As educators we should help our students fulfill all their dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment