Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dr. Alice Christie


Dr. Alice Christie's Educational Technology Guide provide a lot of useful information. I was interested in her section about Constructivism. This is the first time I have come across this term in relation to education so, I googled it, and this is how www.funderstanding.com defines it “Constructivism is a philosophy of learning founded on the premise that, by reflecting on our experiences, we construct our own understanding of the world we live in. Each of us generates our own “rules” and “mental models,” which we use to make sense of our experiences. Learning, therefore, is simply the process of adjusting our mental models to accommodate new experiences. I read Dr. Christie’s page and PowerPoint concerning Constructivism, and I think that the theory of students and teachers working together as co-learners is great. I always learn more by being an active part of the process then just by listening to a lecture. I also watched her podcast about geocaching, since it is something I have been planning to do with my daughter. I loved that she gives teacher idea’s on how to incorporate geocaching into a lesson. I bookmarked her site since it had so much information, I am certain that I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment