Sunday, March 14, 2010

February 14th Assignment








I wasn’t surprised that Wikipedia isn’t the best source of information. Any site that can be edited by anybody with a computer can’t be trusted. If I use information I found on Wikipedia I verify it with another source. Virgil Griffith’s Wikipedia Scanner just proves that the information on Wikipedia can’t be trusted. I’m not surprised that politicians and major corporations would go in and change their Wikipedia page, both pay people to monitor their public image. Do I think that Wikipedia will ever be a reliable information source, maybe. The only way that Wikipedia will ever be a reliable source is if the information that is added is verified and removed if founded to be inaccurate.




Mr. McClung summary of what he learned during his first year teaching was thoughtful . I loved when he said to listen to your students because you may be the only one that does. I believe that to truly help someone you have to know them, and to know them you have to listen to them. I like his comment about communication since it is the key to any relationship, be it a personal or working relationship. I agree that a teacher should be flexible, anything can happen to derail a carefully laid plan. I think the most important advice that Mr. McClung gives us is to make the students the center of our lessons and to remember that it doesn’t matter who else is observing the class, the students is still our audience. I recommend that every check this blog out. http://attheteachersdesk.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment