Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Networked Student

Ms. Drexler’s video “The Networked Student” was very intriguing. The idea of this type of class for high school and middle school students just blew my mind. I think it’s a great pedagogy . The earlier a student is taught that there isn’t any limits on what they can learn, and to look and think outside the ordinary, the better student they will become. Wendy Drexler stated on her website that isn’t the obstacles she knows she’ll face that worry her, it’s the unforeseen ones that worry her; with reading the potential problems that she does know about and she is still prepared to take on the challenge of turning middle school science students into networked students makes her a true visionary in teaching. I am inspired by her. I hope by the time I graduate I will be ready to tackle the obstacles I’ll face in teaching my students to be networked students. I don’t think I am ready yet, but I am committed to learn what I need to know to prepare myself to help my students on their journeys to become networked students. Dr. Strange posses the question “Why does the networked student even need a teacher?” My answer to this is that everybody needs help or guidance a some point during their journey . Some students will need more help then others , some need motivation to stay on track, and so just need praise for a job well done, what ever they need it’s the teachers job to give it to them, even if it is discipline, they have to know that you care about them and their future.

No comments:

Post a Comment